The American Heart Association Instructor Courses teach you everything needed to effectively instruct and certify others in the American Heart Association Courses.
The ideal Instructor Candidate is motivated to teach and facilitate learning in order to provide their students with the necessary skills for them to be able to successfully complete their course.
Prospective Students must:
- Have a current AHA provider card in the discipline for the Instructor Course and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline.
- Have completed the Instructor Candidate Application and submit to Training Center prior to class.
- Successfully complete the Instructor Essentials Course for the discipline for which you are becoming an Instructor, including both the online portion and the classroom/hands-on session. Course keycode is included and will be supplied after registration.
- Instructor Manual is included and will be provided at class.
- Complete the monitoring process. After successful completion of the course, all prospective Instructors must be monitored conducting a class before the Instructor Certification Card will be issued. (TC Coordinators may require additional monitoring, if needed)
For more information or to register for a class, please call the office at 631-724-3537 or click the class schedule below.